• Diagnosed with Reactive Attachment Disorder (R.A.D.)?
• Not attaching well to her home environment and family?
• Putting your family at risk?
• Compromising your relationship with your other children?
• Putting stress on your marriage?
• Intelligent, but lacks the confidence and life skills to be successful?
• Needing to safely transition into adulthood?
• Wanting to have a job and earn money prior to adulthood?
• Wanting to accelerate her academic learning and go at a quicker pace in order to graduate high school early?
• Seeking Independence and freedom in her daily decisions
• Ultimately needing a nurture-free environment?
• Needing to catch up in school, go at her own pace, and recover high school credits?
That each of our students safely graduates high school and enters adulthood with employable skills, and confidence that gives them the best opportunity for success in their independent lives.
We understand that not every adopted child is able to attach to their adopted family in their home environment. This is of course due to their RAD Diagnosis. While Life Quest Girls Academy does NOT treat Reactive Attachment Disorder, we are trained, knowledgeable, and experienced in helping students thrive in our safe structured environment. Our goal is to keep them in school working towards their high school diploma and eventually help them safely transition into adulthood.
• Respite and Out of Home Placement : We offer short-term respite or long-term out of home placement providing a separation that is often needed for adopted girls and their families. This separation allows each family and family member to heal in a way that is best for their family. Each situation is unique.
• Holistic Development: During this time, students are immersed in a highly-structured environment that helps them succeed academically with small class sizes and one-on-one tutoring if needed. Life Quest also values personal development as each student works on and completes our Practicum that is based on individual values, goal setting, and project based learning that prepares each student for real life.
• Organic Growth: We aim for students to experience natural and organic growth by providing opportunities for students to feel natural and organic consequences to their choices. This allows them to mature positively due to a change in environment and the values we promote.
Our Life Quest Practicum is designed to promote and teach values that contribute to the overall development of a student. It offers a unique blend of learning experiences aimed at fostering maturity and improvement in various aspects of life.
We provide diverse academic opportunities to cater to the different needs and abilities of students including students with IEP's and 504 Plans. The goal is to facilitate learning and growth, enabling students to thrive in a setting that respects and acknowledges their academic capabilities and goals.
Life Quest Girls Academy provides a distraction-free, structured private school where teen girls diagnosed with RAD, who are struggling in their adopted home, can focus most of their time on academics and gaining life skills. Each student is typically on a different educational pace or level than their Life Quest peers.
This gives students the opportunity, in a structured and monitored environment, to get caught up with their academics. Many times teenage girls with RAD struggle in their public school due to the turmoil at home. Due to the cognitive effects of RAD, they find themselves behind academically.
We understand that sometimes parents simply need a break from the day-to-day routine and care for their daughter. We understand that sometimes parents may simply need a vacation without the worry of how things are going back home. We understand that some families may not be ready quite yet for a more long-term separation. We understand how difficult these decisions can be.
This is why we are extremely flexible when it comes to short term boarding options because parents and families should get to decide how long the separation needs to be.
1 week? 2 weeks? 1 month? 3 months?
Each family situation is different and there definitely isn’t a one size fits all solution. Let us help you get the break you need and frankly deserve as you continue to weigh your options and contemplate your daughter’s future. We’re here to help families heal in their own unique way.
Life Quest Girls Academy has been a place where young women can explore their potential, gain valuable life skills, and overcome challenges that they may have faced. The journey, however, doesn’t stop there. Once students graduate from the Academy, or coming to us after turning 18 in another school, they often wonder, “What’s next?”
Our transitional housing program is specifically designed to be the next step in this journey, offering a bridge toward a more independent lifestyle while ensuring ongoing support.